Thursday, February 12, 2009

WELCOME BDS NEWSLETTER FANS


HUMPTY-DUMPTY SAYS HI -

---If you scroll down a few videos, you will get to ones that I made from the ''Original'' Bobby Darling tapes that my brother had found in my house some 27 years ago.
---I don't have any tapes of Dinsdale Darling, so this was back at the very beginning. You will also find some of our band before the BDS. It was called FRANCONIA NOTCH. The Band had nothing to do with the mountain in New Hampshire, except for its name.
---If you scroll far enough, you will see the video I made of Bobbys first protest song - the CLASSIC - ''OLD CAPE COD.'' You will find the Seals and Croft Classic, ''DUST ON MY SADDLE,'' also. Whenever you see ''BOBBY DARLING DUO,'' you will hear something of the EARLY BDS.
---I have never met Dr. DIVINE, but his musical talent far, far excedes any that I may have had. I'm very glad to see and hear Bobby playing with someone of his caliber.
.
---The ''EGGPLANT THAT ATE CHICAGO,'' ''DUMMY RESPECT,'' ''GREAT BIG WORLD,'' and of course, ''MILK-SHAKIN' MAMA,'' are some of my favorites. Also checkout, ''BOBBY-OGRAPHY, ETC.'' I write about the beginning times and being back in High School, with Bobby. As a matter-of-fact, it is good to see a picture of The DOCTOR, DINSDALE and BOBBY - still doing The CHIPMUNKS, after all these years. (Unless, I'm mistaken...and their faces are more filled-out than I thought.)
---One FINAL NOTE - Bobby is having a birthday, soon, and, I may be wrong about this, but I think he likes lots of presents. He is like a little kid. The ''more the better,'' was his motto, if I remember, correctly. I'm kidding about all that. Anything more than COMPUTER SCRABBLE, would embarass him. [I hope I got it right, Bobby.]
---ENJOY! Now that you know where I live, visit, again! Don't be shy! Don't be a stranger! I'll put the kettle on...next time! BYE and SAYONARA...for now!
.
The NEWSLETTER PICTURE IS NOW ON MY BLOG, ''BOBBY - OGRAPHY, ETC.'' IT CONTAINS THE STORY OF HOW THE MEGA-STAR CHIPMUNKS, BECAME INVOLVED WITH THE BDS. YOU BETTER READ THE STORY, BEFORE THE PULITZER PEOPLE GET THEIR ''PULITZER PAWS'' ON IT.

No comments: